Not all women may be aware that there are foods you can eat which are made up of certain essential nutrients that can
aid you in conceiving! Here are a list of the 10 best food types and groups
that can help you get pregnant:
1. Iron: red meat (in moderation), eggs, chicken, parsley, and seaweed. In the event you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, take
a multivitamin a day that is full of iron.
2. Whole grains: These include wheat, oats, wild rice, quinoa, barley, rye, brown rice and wholemeal bread. At least half of the
grains we usually eat per day are whole.
3. Vegetable proteins: such as nuts, beans, peas or tofu, as they help prevent ovulation problems.
4. Fruits: these fruits in particular help increase fertility; raisins, plums and berries (such as blueberries and strawberries).
5. Sweet potatoes: They are a good source of Vitamin C, folic acid and fibre!
6. Omega 3 fatty acids (prawns, tuna, sardines, salmon, etc.).
7. Vegetables such as spinach, chard, lettuce, asparagus, tomato and broccoli.
8. Calcium (milk, cheese, yogurt, lettuce, cabbage, watercress, etc.).
9. Antioxidants (oranges, lemons, grapefruit, limes, melon, garlic, etc.).
10. Fiber (dates, almonds, plums, figs, bran, artichokes, etc.).
If you are trying to get pregnant your diet should include these foods and it is always good to take multivitamins as well, contact your GP in order to determine which vitamins you are lacking.
It is also important to limit your caffeine intake, avoid alcohol and certain types of fish such as ceviche, raw sushi, and refrigerated smoked seafood. Try and steer clear of soft cheese made with unpasteurized milk and other unpasteurized dairy.
For males, it is highly recommended that you take a daily multivitamin that contains zinc and selenium at least three months before you start trying to conceive.* Find a free sperm donor